Thursday, February 16, 2012

52 Things - A Valentine's Gift

Pinterest has totally changed the way I craft.  I had been getting so bored with cards, so I moved into scrapbooking, but honestly, that wasn't thrilling me too much.  There are so many FABULOUS ideas on Pinterest, though, that I'm seeing things in a whole new light!

This was another project I decided to tackle as a v-day gift for my husband; it's a repurposed deck of cards, made into a personalized mini-scrapbook titled "52 Things I Love About You."  Honestly, the hardest part was thinking of the 52 things!

This was very easy to assemble - Start with one card (I used a Joker for the cover so there would be 52 cards inside) and punch two holes in it.  Using that card as a template, line up the other cards and punch them all.  Attach eyelets to the front and back cover, then string all of the cards onto binder rings.  Decorate as you wish and you're done!












The best part of this project?  I didn't have to cut a single new sheet of paper - this was made entirely from scraps!  I keep all of my scraps in a box for small projects, and this was a perfect way to use up a LOT of them.  Gotta love that!  

There were a lot of supplies used in this, but I'll share the ones shown (as much as I remember!)

Cover:  Numbers from American Crafts, letters from Cosmo Cricket.
Sushi:  Stamps from Cornish Heritage Farms (one of the Kim Hughes sets.)
Chemistry:  Patterned paper from Jillibean Soup.
Suit: Pinstripe paper from Costco value pack, checkered paper from October Afternoon "Farm Fresh."  Tie was cut by hand.
Technology Problems: Paper from October Afternoon "Modern Homemaker," amplifier from Imaginisce.
Don't Mind when I Don't Cook:  Paper from October Afternoon "Farm Fresh."
Dog Whisperer:  Paper from Basic Grey "Max and Whiskers."
Handy:  Stamp from Stampin' Up "Every Little Bit" set; woodgrain background stamp from Hero Arts.
Ridiculous Ideas:  I wish I knew where this sock monkey paper was from so I could buy more, but I can't remember!  I've had it for years...
House:  Paper from October Afternoon "Weathervane."

Enjoy and hope you had a wonderful valentine's day!

Follow me on Pinterest:  http://www.pinterest.com/slane2

No comments:

Post a Comment